Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yes, I am going to be "one" of those mothers.

Not gonna lie.

I'm feeling an enormous amount of anxiety right now.

Almost to the point of throwing up, and part of that could be the fact that I need to eat something and I've been drinking diet soda all morning.  Stupid hypoglycemic-ness. 

Anyway.  I was reading on FB that someone asked about the first day of school, and they said the 15th.  I was like oh, well that's still a lot of time still.  So I looked at a calendar for August.  BAD IDEA.  I saw that I pretty much have ONE WEEK till then.

ONE WEEK.

Until This baby boy of mine...





Goes to Kindergarten.  Oh jeeezeee...


How in the world did time pass by so quickly?? :(

Sigh.....

I know I'm going to let him ride the bus, because he wanted to so bad, but that first day I want to take him there.  I probably should charge my camera now...haha.  Uggg.  Homeschooling doesn't sound so bad right now. hahaha! I know this will be good for him though.  Recently I read an amazing book that had a few paragraphs that the main character was telling about her candid thoughts about parenting.  It made me laugh, and I was secretly agreeing with her too....

"I’m unclear about the fine line of good parenting and being overly protective. He wants to walk to a friend’s house; I want him to stay inside and draw while I sit on the front porch with a shotgun across my lap like Granny Clampett.”  .... hehe. :)  Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott... pretty interesting read.

After this week is over, I'm going to be finally finished with my summer classes, so my plan is to start making a routine for us.  Waking up, getting ready, ORGANIZATION, and bedtimes.

Wish me luck... because I know I'm going to need it. 

I plan on being an emotional mess that first day.  Yep.  I will be one of those moms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment