Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello.

Hi everyone.  My name is Laura and I'm the author of Strawberry Lou.  I hope to make this blog more about me and what's going on in my life vs my last blog where honestly I was all over the place... so I started something new.  So I thank anyone for taking the time to read my crazy little blog.

First, I decided I wanted a fun little name for my blog that rolled of the tounge and was super cute and catchy.  Usually this would have been a very long process, but luckily I had my creative mojo flowing today!  This may sound super strange but one of my ex-boyfriend's parents gave me the nickname "Strawberry" because of my red hair.  It stuck with me, it wasn't the typical "Red" nickname I usually got.  I also had the nickname Laura Lou forever!!  So there you have it... Strawberry Lou.  It just feels right. :)

Next I shall tell you a brief little something about myself.  I'm 27 years old.  I'm married to my best friend (yes this is so cheesy but sooo true).  This year will be our 6th year anniversary.  Crazy.  We meshhhh very well together, get mad at the same stupid stuff that other people do, get excited for silly little things, love mexican food, and a gazillion other things that I should probably just use as another blog post one day or I will go on and on. Anyway long story short, we are very right for each other and I can't imagine my life without that crazy goofball!! 

We have a 5 year old son, Jett.  That is a crazy little goofball too.  This kid just amazes me each day with how witty and funny he is.  He has such an imagination too.  Sometimes I just sit and continue the craziest conversations with him.  It's hilarious!  Some days I wish I didn't have work or school and I could just stay home with him, play, read, draw, make forts, run around outside, and just be with him all the time!!  I hate missing anytime with him, especially right now because in only a few short months he will be going to Kindergarten and I won't see him as much.  Yes, I will probably be one of those mothers that bawls on their kid's first day of school.  He's my one and only right now.  He's my whole world.  Love my little man.

I've also been going to school pretty much forever... I mean technically this would be my 6th year in college... ugggg.  I have a year left.  ONE YEAR.  Holy Moly!  I'm going to get my degree in Elementary Education.  It's in my blood, I just feel comfortable there and I know that's what I'm suppose to do.  I've subbed for almost 2 years and this past year I started working as a preschool/daycare teacher at a new preschool in town that has some amazing ladies working there and the cutest and most lovable kiddos.  I feel very blessed to be able to work there!!  Next spring, I start student teaching.... EKKK! Wish me luck on my up and coming new adventures!

Another big adventure we are about to take is.... MOVING!  My family and I are moving on my parents 18 acres.  It's beautiful, it's out in the country, woods, fields, trees, fresh air, neighbors that don't live right next to you.  Hahaha! Seriously I'm soooooo happy about this.  Right now we are just waiting to see what we can do as far purchasing homes, modular homes, trailers...what not.  We found a really nice used trailer that we both fell in love with!  It has a living room, kitchen w/ bar, family room w/ fireplace!!! , 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one of which is a huge master bathroom) , utility room... it's just sooooo perfect.   But.... right now we are playing the waiting game.  We filled out credit apps for a home loan, now we are waiting to hear something back from them.  Uggg.  I hate this, I get worked up when I have to wait.  Anyway.... so I'm really hoping we get this place because I can seriously picture us in it...and I have plans for painting and what I'd like to do with everything... hopefully I can post some super awesome good news pretty soon!!! :)

So for right now, that will be the end of my post.  Ta ta!! :)

*STRAWBERRY LOU*

No comments:

Post a Comment